typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] the scream reissued/remastered

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Martin Percival <martinpercival AT yahoo.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] the scream reissued/remastered
  • Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 12:35:14 -0800 (PST)

This is well worth picking up. Upon playing the cd and
listening to the album for the first time in over 10
years the same shivers went down my spine as they did
as a 15 year old seeing them live for the first time
in Sept 1978. For the next 5 years the Banshees were a
big influence on me and I'm sure many other of my age.

I suspect the reason for Bad Shape and Capt Scarlet
being omitted from the Scream re-issue is that they
are, quite frankly, not very good whereas Make up to
Break up is still eminently listenable.

It looks like the next 3 Banshees re-issues will be
out March 28th.

http://idealcopy.american-data.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=MUSiouxsieAndTheBanshees

I'm am very pleasantly surprised to see that Infantry,
the McKay/Morris instrumental, has made it to release
stage 27 years after hitting the cutting room floor
and in part prompting their departure and the end of
what was for me the classic Banshees line up in Sept
1979.

Martin

http://www.thebansheesandothercreatures.co.uk/thescreamremasterreviews.htm

https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/typicalgirls/attachments/20060304/75842810/attachment-0001.htm