typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Bush Tetras , Ari Up, Electroputas & Save  Cbgbs! This Friday!

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Barbara Gogan" <barbara AT lulumusic.com>
  • To: HunnyPi007 AT aol.com
  • Cc: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Bush Tetras , Ari Up, Electroputas & Save  Cbgbs! This Friday!
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 13:13:56 -0400 (EDT)

well, after banging off the last email, i realised i hadn't said a word
about the queen! that was because we weren't able to stay for her show for
the lame reason we had to get to bed, an early session the following day
with...weird of weird coincidences...Annie Anxiety--who i was meeting for
the first time.

of course, i showed her the photo! and we emailed it to her email (and,
hilary, she says she's going to drop you a line). annie was doing some
vocals for a misty roses song about an old friend of hers and robert
conroy's, who died a couple of years ago. she did three takes of different
voices, each one was genius (am i getting too heavy on the superlatives?
but i'm serious, what a talent!)

but back to Ari-up...you'll have to rely on Joly or Hilary to give you a
take on that show. i was at her last show in new york with her new band,
who were with her again at cb's, and it was two hours of wildness, during
which i was moved despite my usual shyness to leap onstage with her and
sing back-up...so i'm sure it was all of that and more.