typicalgirls - RE: [TypicalGirls] Raincoats / Solex / LF

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Daniel Selzer <danselzer AT yahoo.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [TypicalGirls] Raincoats / Solex / LF
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 11:56:16 -0700 (PDT)

don't know if this has been mentioned, but even worse
then a pick-up, you can do what I used to do which is
get a crappy radio shack microphone and TAPE it to the
body of the violin. It is effectively the same as a
pick-up, but a really crappy one at that.

-dan selzer

p.s. off-topic but I got to dj the New Order
after-party last night and shook Peter Hook's hand! He
played Grace Jone's She's Lost Control and a lot of
very intense snare drum-roll ravey stuff.