typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] brooklyn tonight

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: WWWhatsup <joly AT dti.net>
  • To: Typical Girls <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] brooklyn tonight
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 04:03:00 -0500

altho a good time was had by all neither headliners materialized

sad to say Jenny has a family problem, her mum, and is off
the road, but Bianca made up for it by sitting in with Sic Alps
at M. Robot. Simonetti and Chris were really good doing their old
school hip hop thing and the place was jumping

and Simon RT was a total no show at red light - one suspects he
might have got lost looking for the dtreet address in Manhattan instead of
Bklyn, we've known it happen before w/ the brits

joly
:

>tonight a guy from the Rough Trade store in London is dj-ing at
>Peter Gunn's Red Light thing at the Southside Lounge in W'burg
>(bway & wythe) - his mame is Simon Russell

>>California Lightening - Jenny Hoysten & Bianca Sparta Erase Errata
>>da Hawnay Troof - mems xBxRx & Bratmobile
>>Big A little a / Aa - Narnack Records
>>Nightmerica - Ian Vanek from Japanther on drums
>>Squids - x Meltdown, Petty Crimes, Red or Dead
>>
>>and the 2 best dj's around
>>mike simmonetti troubleman
>>and chris form happy birthday hideout
>>and hosted by two super cuties