typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] legislative sleight-of-hand

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Chuck Warner <chuck AT hyped2death.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] legislative sleight-of-hand
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:44:16 -0400

Title: legislative sleight-of-hand
Off-topic, I know, but if anyone's got C-Span2 handy, the Senate Democrats have at least temporarily  derailed debate on the gay-mariage ban amendment by using their time to ask "why are we debating this instead of [insert favorite topic of Michael Moore's here]?"  It took only two Republicans before Mitch McConnell took the bait and is now defending Bush's war and bashing Kerry...

cheers,

C.

Chuck Warner

  • [TypicalGirls] legislative sleight-of-hand, Chuck Warner, 07/13/2004