typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] ESG live again -> TONIGHT. SUNDAY. MAY 30th @ 11PM, NYC

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Hilary Jaeger" <jaema11 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <HunnyPi007 AT aol.com>, <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] ESG live again -> TONIGHT. SUNDAY. MAY 30th @ 11PM, NYC
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 00:25:04 -0400

I so wish I could go.  I remember having them at Tier 3 over 20 years ago and being really quite astounded by them.... ESG blew my mind.  (I'm pretty sure Ed Bahlman of 99 Records brought them to Tier 3.)
Anyway; I love the idea of identifying oneself at the gig cause I do have lots of buttons (or badges, as they are known in the UK).  Some Slits and Raincoats, well lots and lots.....small, cool badges. There was a time when the Clash and their devotees wore badges with a simple star on them..diff. colors. That was in the 70's.  Alot of red/gold/green colors as well..reggae being a huge influence..pre-rap and hip hop.  In the 80's I sometimes wore girl group badges and alot of other weird things.  I'm sounding like an old lady which I sort of am.
Best as always,
Hilary