typicalgirls - RE: [TypicalGirls] RE: for discussion -- torchbearers?

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Perfect Sound Forever <perfectlist AT furious.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [TypicalGirls] RE: for discussion -- torchbearers?
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 12:33:33 -0400

Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 17:53:56 -0400
From: "Aileen Brophy" <poptones13 AT earthlink.net>

Jason- you saw the Tallboys live at the Typical Girls party, right?
They tore it up (though this was before listmember Ryan Chowdhury joined
them.) I remember Ari saying that they reminded her of the early Slits
because they were "the raw shit."

Thanks Aileen: I forgot that was them! In that case, I can definitely recommend seeing them live- they were great that night.

I don't know if I was posted here but someone e-mail'd me about Maureen Tucker as being a fore bearer. No question there. Moe is indeed an inspiration.

Hope someone mention Fanny also- they belong too. Might not remember this right but I think someone told me that when Sleater-Kinney was asking fans to request cover songs for their shows last year, one of the tunes they chose was "Charity Ball." Would have loved to hear that.

Best,
Jason

Perfect Sound Forever
online music magazine