typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] TVPs; Freezepop

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: burt AT macalester.edu
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] TVPs; Freezepop
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 00:24:00 -0500

Yeah, Dan appears to be in jail. the email from Dan (and information
surrounding it) has
been kicking around on the TVPs list for about a week now (and has been
verified as
authentic by people in a position to know). It's actually very good news,
inasmuch as hearing
that somebody's incarcerated can ever be good news-- he'd been missing for a
while,
spotted once in a very dodgy part of South London, generally assumed to have
sunk
completely into the needle-drug problems which afflicted him between previous
creative
periods. I hope he stays clean, and I hope someone funds an album. Speaking
of TVPs, here's
a question I wouldn't put to the TVPs list, since I know what their answer
would be: who has
heard the Jowe Head/ Angel Racing Food stuff?

And here's a more clearly on-topic musical question: what can you tell me
about Freezepop,
who now have a college radio hit in the Twin Cities, "Bike Thief"? The first
time I heard it I was
pretty sure it was by Lauren Klein.