typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] ROTGS reissue

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Dina Hornreich <dinahornreich AT earthlink.net>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] ROTGS reissue
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 19:39:21 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Ok, I splurged on the sony japan reissue of _Return of the Giant Slits_. No,
I don't regret blowing the cash -- insound got it for me within a week (FYI).
Although, I DO have to point out that there is a Japanese version of
"Earthbeat" ("Daichi No Oto"). It tickled me so much that I had to share this
information with you. I don't believe this is on the original version of
ROTGS!

It is the original track listing:
1 Earthbeat (except that this is the Japanese version)
2 Or What Is It?
3 Face Place
4 Walk About
5 Difficult Fun
6 Animal Space/Spacier
7 Improprely Dressed
8 Life On Earth
With the addition of a track 9 (which is the original version of Earthbeat).

There are a few pages of liner notes -- in Japanese, of course! The lyrics
are bilingual, though (English and Japanese, side by side).

I'm curious -- on the cover it says, "All songs we sing for Ivi." Who's Ivi?

-Dina

dinahornreich AT earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~dinahornreich/

Moderator, Typical Girls List
http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=17851

Ockhams Razor: Basic Scientific Principal
"All things being equal the simplest explanation
and the simplest answer is probably the right one."