triangle-free-yoga - Re: [triangle-free-yoga] (donation) "Global Mala Weekend" events in Raleigh

triangle-free-yoga AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: about free yoga events in the Research Triangle (NC) area

  • From: Tom Roche <Tom_Roche AT pobox.com>
  • To: triangle-free-yoga AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [triangle-free-yoga] (donation) "Global Mala Weekend" events in Raleigh
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 08:49:09 -0400 (EDT)

more detail about the previously-announced events
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/triangle-free-yoga/2009q3/000167.html
from Evolve Yoga (one of the participating studios):

> Global Mala Raleigh 2009

> Weekend Schedule

> Friday, September 18

> 6:30-9:30 ~ 108 Blessings, Potluck Drumming @ Gateway

> Join us to celebrate the power of community! We will come together
> for a vegetarian potluck to chant 108 blessings, share a delicious
> meal listen to live music.

> Saturday, September 19

> 10:45-12:45 ~ 108 Backbends @ Gateway

> Backbends are powerful poses known to expand the possibilities of
> the mind, body spirit like no others! This class will be in a
> playful setting that invites students to skillfully deepen the
> opening of their hearts, giving them the ability to express
> themselves fully on every level. Come celebrate the gift of
> embodiment step into your highest potential!

> 3-5 ~ Mandala Namaskar @ EVOLVE

> For 108 minutes we will collectively join in an energetic practice
> that includes 27 rounds of Mandala Namaskar variations moving 360
> degrees around the mat. In celebration of the Global Mala happening
> around the world, these salutations invoke a sense of wholeness that
> expands beyond our own bodies, minds and community. We will create a
> sacred space in which we will be moving, breathing and praying for
> peace as one unified consciousness.

> 7-9 ~ Yoga Trance Dance @ blue lotus

> Yoga Trance Dance is a contemporary exploration of free form,
> breath-driven movement to liberate one's creative life force and
> cultivate embodied freedom. A minimally led class will guide you
> beyond thought to the pure sensation of music! This fun,
> self-expressive movement welcomes the most inflexible of bodies and
> those who have two left feet. Simply come with an open mind, an open
> heart and a willingness to dance, stretch and enjoy!

> Sunday, September 20

> 10-11 ~ Japa Meditation @ EVOLVE

> Japa meditations are a powerful tool for cultivating sacred space
> within your own being so that you can align with your intentions and
> become a living, breathing example of peace in action. Through the
> silent repetition of mantra you will embody the essence of shanti
> rasa and resonate that healing energy into the world. Join us for a
> morning of bliss as we awaken with gentle vinyasa to prepare for our
> meditation savasana.

> 4-6 ~ Yoga Mala @ blue lotus

> Join us at Blue Lotus as we unite breath, movement and intention for
> peace with 108 rounds of Surya Namaskar. Come breathe and move to
> great world music, in the company of the amazing yoga community
> right here in Raleigh!

> 7-8:30 ~ 108 Revolutions: Hoop Dance @ Gateway

> The hula-hoop, like traditional beaded malas, is a circle, a
> non-linear, all-inclusive space that can be used to focus the mind
> during meditation. We will literally spin love out into the world
> and build community through synchronized group movement collective
> intentions of peace. This class will provide each individual with
> [...]

HTH, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche AT pobox.com>

  • Re: [triangle-free-yoga] (donation) "Global Mala Weekend" events in Raleigh, Tom Roche, 09/17/2009