triangle-free-yoga - [triangle-free-yoga] yoga-460@meetup.com -> triangle-free-yoga@lists.ibiblio.org

triangle-free-yoga AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: about free yoga events in the Research Triangle (NC) area

  • From: Tom Roche <Tom_Roche AT pobox.com>
  • To: yoga-460 AT meetup.com, triangle-free-yoga AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [triangle-free-yoga] yoga-460 AT meetup.com -> triangle-free-yoga AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 11:08:38 -0500 (EST)

summary: Our new email list is triangle-free-yoga AT lists.ibiblio.org.
Please subscribe to that by browsing to

subscribing, and confirming subscription (described below). Unless
someone wants to pay the cost of meetup.com (minimum $12/month),
yoga-460 AT meetup.com will cease at the end of this month.

details:

You may not be aware that meetup.com is not a free service. While it's
free to join a group, _providing_ a group (like the Chapel Hill,
Durham & Carrboro Yoga Group) costs, at a minimum, $12/month. This is
not cheap, either for the service they provide (basically a calendar
and email list with archive), or for me (supporting myself on a
grad-student stipend). Fortunately there are alternatives. ibiblio

http://ibiblio.org/

is a non-profit collaboration of the School of Information and Library
Science and the School of Journalism and Mass Communication @ UNC.
They have agreed to provide a free email list,

triangle-free-yoga AT lists.ibiblio.org

and possibly other services, which I have not yet investigated.
Accordingly I have setup that list, to which you can subscribe by
going to

and following the instructions @ "Subscribing to triangle-free-yoga".
After subscribing via the website, triangle-free-yoga will send you a
confirmatory email containing a weblink: click on that, and you will
then (and only then) be subscribed. Note that

* triangle-free-yoga is up-and-running now, so you can subscribe as
soon as you like

* triangle-free-yoga should be, as yoga-460 AT meetup.com was, spam-free
(since I'll be moderating it)

* you will need to subscribe to triangle-free-yoga yourself:
meetup.com provides no means (of which I'm aware) to transfer
subscribers

* feel free to contact me (see my address @ end of post) regarding any
difficulties you encounter

If you're interested in paying the cost of meetup.com, please let me
know, otherwise

http://yoga.meetup.com/460/

will cease to function on 30 Jan 09. (I'll keep the new list going in
either case.)

Hoping to see you on the new list, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche AT pobox.com>

  • [triangle-free-yoga] yoga-460 AT meetup.com -> triangle-free-yoga AT lists.ibiblio.org, Tom Roche, 01/21/2009