triangle-free-yoga - [triangle-free-yoga] Yoga Circle in Chapel Hill (near Whole Foods and University Mall)

triangle-free-yoga AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: about free yoga events in the Research Triangle (NC) area

  • From: Tom Roche <Tom_Roche AT pobox.com>
  • To: yoga-460 AT meetup.com, triangle-free-yoga AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [triangle-free-yoga] Yoga Circle in Chapel Hill (near Whole Foods and University Mall)
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 10:30:41 -0500 (EST)

We meet again for our Thursday evening yoga circle: a free-form yoga
group in which we rotate leading. (Leading is not required, however
you may be surprised at how easy and fun it is to lead an asana or
flow.) Doors open ~6:30pm to socialize and we will start practice at
7pm.

This group is truly by the people for the people! There most certainly
will be a yoga practice, discussion, and lots of fun! Bring your mats,
any props you like to use, any books or DVDs that inspire you, and
creative ideas! (Mats and other pads are strongly recommended: the
floor is wood, but not soft. Water bottles are also good.)

This meetup is open to everyone, so bring your friends or family
along! Beginners are welcome: we tailor the level of difficulty to the
experience of attendees.

The meeting space is the clubhouse @ Sunstone Apartments, which is
really nice but hard to find on online maps. Here's how to get there:

1 Get to Estes & Franklin in Chapel Hill by whatever route you like.

2 Go one block "south" (actually it's more east) on Estes (towards
University Mall) and take the first left at the first traffic light,
Willow Dr.

3 Take the first left again, this time onto Conner Dr.

4 You will go about a block with a buncha offices on both sides. Then
you will see a sign for Sunstone Apartments and cross over some
speed bumps as you enter the complex.

5 The street will bear right and the first building on your right will
be the clubhouse, which will be on the street (where there is also
parking for cars and bikes). The front door will be open, so just go
in.