sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Popularity, visibility, and level of involvement

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Popularity, visibility, and level of involvement
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 17:38:32 +0100

Am Sat, 19 Mar 2016 09:19:57 -0400
schrieb Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru>:

> Thomas, I blame myself for not being available THAT time :)
> But the timeframe I mentioned above was Jan 2015 - Nov 2015. Pretty
> huge period to take care, right?
>
> > Please let's not start blaming each other for what could have
> > happened during that time. The past year was as bad as it could be,
> > PR-wise. Now let's get moving, shall we?

I stand by that passage as a response. The website was far in other
people's problem land as long as the move was in limbo. I am not
motivated to contribute to the site when it is still not clear what
will happen to it.

So, let's make things happen and move on, please. SMGL barely survives
with some spare time of people. I actually am a bit proud that I
managed to update some installs and commit fixes to the grimoire during
the past months. This already took an insane amount of time. Life is a
debugging session.

When we get the new website going this year, the fruits of flux'
cauldron work with an actual release of install media … some stable
grimoire that is relevant … SMGL could live again.

Perhaps we one time have more than 5 people working on it again, so
that we can re-start our funny business of voting for positions. So
far, we can be happy if anyone finds time to do anything, anywhere.

Alrighty then,

Thomas