sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Updates on the tracker

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru>
  • To: Source Mage Discussion <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Updates on the tracker
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 10:49:23 +0300

Hi all,

As I told earlier, there's a ton of old bugs that are mentioned in:

1. Sorcery code and comments
2. Grimoire files, including BUILD, DEPENDS and HISTORY
3. ChangeLog files

Not of them were resolved, and sometimes we need to get back to them to
understand how things work and why exactly THIS piece of code has been
added.

I've decided to resurrect our bugzilla on my powers, but for that I
need the most recent database dump for it. David, do you have one?

Large projects like Mozilla and Gentoo still use bugzilla for
bug-tracking. They have enough traffic on them, yes. And, moreover some
of our development procedures described in the official docs depend on
exact bugzilla's approaches. It gives me a thought we still can
use bugzilla as our bug-tracker and keep it up-to-date.

But for now I need the dump, at least to resurrect the ancient (but
still not resolved!) bugs and see what's to do next. I'm not completely
sure migration to Redmine is needed at all.

--
Vlad Glagolev