sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] multilib

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Sukneet Basuta <sukneet AT gmail.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] multilib
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 16:53:36 -0500

On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 4:44 PM, Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v AT gmail.com> wrote:
Actually I was thinking of chroot, but that implies like having a 2nd
smgl on 32 bits which need to be kept up to date for those libs wanted
on the 64 bits system under lib32 or similar.  That without counting
what really is required to be there in lib32, cause the applications
(/usr/bin)) of course are not to be passed to the 64 bits box.

If you just want to run precompiled binaries, I'd probably create a Ubuntu or Debian chroot since that is typically what they are tested against. It'll also be easier to maintain since you don't have to compile everything.