sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] Does gcc 4.8.1 have the same spells problems 4.7.2 has?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] Does gcc 4.8.1 have the same spells problems 4.7.2 has?
  • Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 14:47:56 +0200

Just wanted to thank you for getting into this mess before anyone else
did. Even if I'm not participating in the fun, I am whitnessing your
reports. After finally getting this particular project done, I could
join you in breaking our workhorse SMGL installs and breathing the
fresh air of a glibc build that died last night!

I really wonder if there will be a time when new gcc releases won't
trigger existing software to fail (if it's nice, it fails already at
build stage...). Makes you wonder when C will become stable as a
programming language.

Alrighty then,

Thomas