sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] Does gcc 4.8.1 have the same spells problems 4.7.2 has?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v AT gmail.com>
  • To: "sm, discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] Does gcc 4.8.1 have the same spells problems 4.7.2 has?
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 16:50:48 -0600

Hi,

When gcc accidentally reached 4.7.2 on test, I actually modify spells,
including grabbing some from xorg-devel (minimal set of spells I
noticed required), so that they all compiled with 4.7.2.

I'm wondering if migrating to 4.8.1 (I noticed there's a devel branch
for it) implies the same changes for 4.7.2, in which which case I
already have them, or if if there's more changes awaiting for it.

If more changes are required, than those for 4.7.2, is there a list of
spells already identified to require those changes? I don't want to
put the devel branch as the 1st grimoire, but instead I'd like to keep
on test, and adding just the required modified spells on top of it...
But I'd like to experiment migrating to 4.8.1, :-)

Thanks,

--
Javier.