sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss][jre7-bin]

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v AT gmail.com>
  • To: Ismael Luceno <ismael.luceno AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: "sm, discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss][jre7-bin]
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 15:00:49 -0600

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 6:14 AM, Ismael Luceno <ismael.luceno AT gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Dec 2012 23:22:50 -0600
> Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v AT gmail.com> wrote:
>
> There's a branch of the grimoire with an icedtea package, you might
> want to take a look at it. At the time, I was trying to get it compiled
> with GJC, avoiding the dependency on a pre-compiled JDK.

How can I take a look at your effort on this?

I'd like to try getting java on this machine starting from scratch (no
prior binaries), and I don't have other options any ways on this x86
built with native arch (every binaries, even the ones compiled into
the same machine with i686 arch fail).

If there are already some spells under development, or some steps to
reach certain point prior to keep working on it, that'd be great to
start with, :-)

Thanks,

--
Javier.