sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss][devel-xorg-modular] How to fix metadata of devel-xorg-modular (for scribe update purposes).

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v AT gmail.com>
  • To: "sm, discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss][devel-xorg-modular] How to fix metadata of devel-xorg-modular (for scribe update purposes).
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 05:31:35 -0600

Hi,

I looked at:

http://wiki.sourcemage.org/HowTo/Xorg

And followed the manual steps:

% git clone git://scm.sourcemage.org/smgl/grimoire.git xorg-modular
% cd xorg-modular/
% git checkout --track -b xorg-modular origin/devel-xorg-modular
% git pull
Already up-to-date.

Once added manually xorg-modular to the local grimoires, I can't use
"scribe update xorg-modular" cause for the metadata a path to get it
from is required.

I attempted:

git://scm.sourcemage.org/smgl/grimoire.git
:xorg-modular:origin/devel-xorg-modular

But that always fail when updating with:

% scribe update xorg-modular
Updating grimoire xorg-modular from
git://scm.sourcemage.org/smgl/grimoire.git:xorg-modular:origin/devel-xorg-modular
Running git pull...
git checkout -b origin/devel-xorg-modular origin/origin/devel-xorg-modular
fatal: Cannot update paths and switch to branch
'origin/devel-xorg-modular' at the same time.
Did you intend to checkout 'origin/origin/devel-xorg-modular' which
can not be resolved as commit?
git pull
Already up-to-date.

Following the suggestion of:

% git fetch
% git rebase origin
First, rewinding head to replay your work on top of it...

Gives errors due to changes, and then updating (pull), which was
working stops working, given mismatches...

So to start with a clear point I removed the dir, cloned back, and
pull data back. Now xorg-modular is OK, and I can update it (pull),
but I don't want to break it, and if possible I'd like scribe to
handle it...

Would it be that the scribe error gotten is harmless? Doesn't look
like, though at the end there's a successful pull...

Any hints?

BTW, as there's a lot of dependencies from xorg-modular, in order for
everything to work, seems required to put xorg-modular ahead of test
grimoire, and update.

I want to revert that, but still keep the xorg stuff from xorg-modular
instead of test.

I remember some time back there was a xorg-modular grimoire, specific
to just the xorg stuff (not the whole test modified with xorg stuff).

Is there a way to get something equivalent out of devel-xorg-modular?

Thanks,

--
Javier.