sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] What's the state of xorg branch?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] What's the state of xorg branch?
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 10:49:42 +0200

Hi,

the intel driver just crashed on me thus gave a reminder about the current
version being 2.20.0, not 2.14.0 . As always, there is the hope that the
newer version is less crash-happy than the old one (hey --- I'm now down to
crashes of Xorg instead of GPU freezes, yay!).

Now, the new version wants a slightly fresher graphics stack, most
importantly xorg-server 1.10 . How is the state of our xorg devel branch?
Wouldn't it be time to get off xorg-server 1.8?

I guess should just switch to that branch ... but perhaps merging is near?

Alrighty then,

Thomas