sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Any attempt to port for loongson-2f (lemote mini-pcs and netbooks)?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v AT gmail.com>
  • To: "sm, discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Any attempt to port for loongson-2f (lemote mini-pcs and netbooks)?
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 13:58:41 -0600

Hi,

Lemote [1] mini-pcs and netbooks are based on loongson [2] processors.
Last mini-pcs and netbooks are based on loongson-2F, but there will
come 2G, 3A and 3B...

Loongson CPUs on these lemote machines are so far are 64 bits mips3
compatible with some enhancements. But given the multiple ABIs that
can support mips, one can use -o32, -n32 and -n64...

I'm wondering whether anyone in sourceMage has tried to make a port
for these loongson based, and if there's instalable images or similar.
If not then where I could start gathering information and how to
start trying to make a port? BTW, my attempt is to compile with -n64
abi...

Thanks,

--
Javier.