sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] xorg-server 1.8.1 missing dep.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] xorg-server 1.8.1 missing dep.
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 13:21:00 +0100

> BTW, is there any problem with xorg-server 1.9.x? I had been using it
> on my laptop without troubles for several months...

None problems also with 1.10.x and 1.11.x.

We just have to pull changes from devel-xorg-modular branch into master.
It is sad we use devel-xorg-modular and devel-libng instead of pull
changes into master. I know even our devel-libpng is stale. Seems still
nobody cares. I wanted to pull several times, some gurus were against
it. It is question for PL and GL.

I know we have problem with libpthread-stubs, UP_TRIGGERS doesn't fix
all spells, some spells have to be re-cast manually or some of us has to
update UP_TRIGGERS. We also discussed to run manually some script to
remove *.la files from /usr/lib. Problem is, who fix his xorg-problem
doesn't care updating UP_TRIGGERS.

When I install new box I always scribe add devel-xorg-modular and
install really stable xorg.

We stared to discuss in Dec 2010
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/sm-discuss/2010-December/020364.html

--