sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] XCB breakage

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ismael Luceno <ismael.luceno AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] XCB breakage
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 16:10:02 -0200

Several packages on my system are broken due to XCB having changed
its libraries (ABI and API incompatibility).

For example: xfce4-session and claws-mail depend on libxcb-aux.so.0.

Building some packages, like libxfce4ui, fails now due to the missing
libxcb-aux.la.

I had to manually provide following libraries to put my system on a
sane state again:
* libxcb-aux.so.0
* libxcb-event.so.1
* libxcb-atom.so.1

All required symbols were provided now by libxcb-util.so.0, so I just
symlinked them, I'm not sure if it's a 1:1 equivalence, but it works.