sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] SM-Discuss Digest, Vol 106, Issue 2

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: flux <flux AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] SM-Discuss Digest, Vol 106, Issue 2
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 08:40:21 +0900

David Lowe (da_legit_dubya AT yahoo.com) wrote [11.11.11 03:11]:
> SM Installation Problems
>
> I've had nothing but bad luck trying to get SM going. The MD5sum
> never matches, every key I've downloaded is either corrupt or expired
> (why can't I use SHA1)?, and not only will the installer _not_ let me
> use my existing partitions (besides, I'm happy with my setup the way
> it is) it refuses to use anything other than ext2.
> I had the same problem with Lunar Linux (as far as the sum/keys), I
> didn't bother trying to install it. So I didn't bother trying
> Sorcerer.
> So I guess this is on the back burner for awhile.

The claim that the installer refuses to allow you to use existing
partitions, and that it won't allow anything other than ext2, is plain
wrong. That means either that you are having hardware problems, or you
are using the installer wrong, unless you are using a *very* old ISO
(0.9.X or older maybe). If you need help, ask in IRC, or post something
more specific here and we will be happy to help you out.

--
Justin "flux_control" Boffemmyer
Cauldron wizard and general mage