sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire Lead Results

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Remko van der Vossen <wich AT yuugen.jp>
  • To: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire Lead Results
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 17:13:32 +0100

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 09:33:27AM -0500, David Kowis wrote:
> On 03/23/2011 06:35 AM, flux wrote:
> > Remko van der Vossen (wich AT yuugen.jp) wrote [11.03.23 16:44]:
> >> Euh... Is it me or do I count more hashes than voters...
> >>
> >> Remko.
> >
> > I believe that's because votes were hashed separately for each
> > candidate, so if you voted for both (in whatever order) you would have
> > gotten 2 hashes as your "receipt". Unless I'm misunderstanding
> > something...
> >

> At least one person voted for both in a specified order, so yeah, that's
> why they don't line up.

How is this order reflected in the results then? Currently it seems that
any candidate on the ordered list simply gets a +1, so then what's the
point of the order?

Btw, you say at least one, if there are more than one then there should
also be abstains, should they not also be counted? And if there aren't
any then there should be exactly one ordered list, no?

By another way, not contesting anything, just trying to understand.

Remko.