sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Stepping down as Project Lead

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Stepping down as Project Lead
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 08:52:48 -0700

Hello Valley,

It is with a heavy (and somewhat guilty for the lack of quality time I
have spared for SMGL) heart that I announce I am stepping down as
Project Lead (PL). I have not had the time to do SMGL justice as PL and
rather than guiltily whittle away my remaining 2.5 months, I, and
probably you, would prefer an active PL during that time.

Starting in November my work will be taking even more of my time and my
family responsibilities will increase by an additional warm body in
early March. ;)

I am by no means leaving SMGL, but I do not have the time I feel being
a Project Lead entails. Every time I submit an update to git I feel a
little guiltier that I should be doing PL work instead and so I am
further discouraged from helping out in other fields (such as Grimoire
or Cauldron) when I do have time.

I will refrain from nominating anyone to pick up the mantle as I do not
feel it would be appropriate, nor would I want to tarnish their
custodianship with my lack of progress.

Persuant to http://www.sourcemage.org/SourceMage/Voting_Policy, one of
our Lead Developers needs to start nominations within a week for a
replacement until a new vote in January.

-sandalle

http://eric.sandall.us/ | http://counter.li.org/ #196285

  • [SM-Discuss] Stepping down as Project Lead, Eric Sandall, 10/19/2010