sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] Grub2 questions.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v AT gmail.com>
  • To: "sm, discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] Grub2 questions.
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 13:44:34 -0600

Hi,

I'm wondering while the test grimoire is still using 1.96 release,
when 1.97 is there. In my own grimoire 1.97 is working nice.

The other thing is that gub2 comes with gfxterm:

http://grub.enbug.org/gfxterm

Other distributions like archlinux and debian install along with grub2
the following:

/usr/share/grub/ascii.pf2
/usr/share/grub/unifont.pf2

They are necessary in order for gfxterm to work. I have under
/etc/grub.d/05_background a setting to define how to color the menu if
not gfxterm when no image is found, but when an image is found, then
use gfxterm only if the fonts are available. Problem is that the
fonts are not available, :-)

Now, I was looking for ascii or unicode fonts package from test,
binary, games and z-rejected, and I didn't find any. Do you know what
aproach I could take in order to generate this fonts? Perhaps I could
modify the spell so that theres a dependency on some packages, and the
a install post-process to compile the pf2 ones..

Thanks,

--
Javier.