sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] stable-rc-0.37 cut and ready for testing

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Martin Spitzbarth <m.spitzbarth AT gmx.de>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] stable-rc-0.37 cut and ready for testing
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 08:29:41 +0200

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 08:27:17 -0400
flux <flux AT sourcemage.org> wrote:

> Martin Spitzbarth (m.spitzbarth AT gmx.de) wrote [09.10.08 02:37]:
> > On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 18:27:40 +0200
> > Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net> wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> > > Tarballs have been created and should be on the mirrors soon.
> > > I'm working on the x86 chroot, will probably be available
> > > tomorrow. Volunteers for a x86_64 chroot are welcome.
> > [...]

> There is also the possibility of using the spellcaster.sh script from
> cauldron to do this for you. Please see
> http://www.sourcemage.org/Cauldron/Baseroot for some information on
> this, or feel free to ask me directly.

I had no luck with spellcaster.sh, maybe x86_64 needs more attention,
or maybe I should have used a different chroot as a template. Next
weekend, I'll take a closer look at it.

The x86_64 chroot is available on my webspace [1]. Traffic is not an
issue, but space is, so it would be great if someone with the right
access permissions could upload the files to the Source Mage server
before the next chroot for stable 0.37 is due.

[1] http://www.mhsh.de/smgl-stable-0.36-basesystem-x86_64.tar.bz2
http://www.mhsh.de/smgl-stable-0.36-basesystem-x86_64.tar.bz2.sig

--
Martin "mar_s" Spitzbarth