sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] merged gcc and texlive

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik <ruskie AT codemages.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] merged gcc and texlive
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 17:39:49 +0200 (CEST)

:2009-08-25T22:11:Peng Chang (Charles):

> The texlive{,-texmf} spells are both buildable and usable now, but there
> are still work to be done in order to integrate them into the grimoire.
>
> If we have enough people and time to work on a TeX distribution built up
> by spells, we need to add a lot of providers such as LATEX PDFTEX
> JADETEX etc. to meet the various dependency needs. However, building a
> custom TeX distribution is somewhat discouraged by TeX supporting
> software developers.
>
> If we will never have such a custom TeX distribution, we only need to
> add TEXDIST and JADETEX providers, the latter of which texlive has while
> tetex doesn't have, or we simply deprecate tetex and jadetex spells, and
> replace all depends with texlive.

No we don't need any providers. Texlive includes everything under the
sun from what I understand. I believe it might even conflict with the
existing spells from the latex section.

Texlive completely replaces tetex as tetex is dead upstream and I
believe our spell is broken as well.

--
Andraž ruskie Levstik
Source Mage GNU/Linux Games/Xorg grimoire guru

Ryle hira.