sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] merged gcc and texlive

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <smgl AT lynxlynx.info>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] merged gcc and texlive
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 16:30:07 +0200

On Tuesday 25 of August 2009 16:11:11 Peng Chang (Charles) wrote:
> I believe the reason that the merged gcc spell doesn't get into master
> is the transition issue. IMHO, this is not a problem at all.
>
> As I mentioned in an earlier message, I resolved the circular dependency
> by doing:
> cast -r gmp and disable c++
> cast gcc with g++
> cast -r gmp and enable c++
>
> I admit that this process is not within normal user experience, but I
> also have to point out that from what I can see from bug 15166, updating
The bug is not fixed not because the method is not known, but because nobody
took the time. Spell updates should be as fluent as possible and we haven't
done everything possible here yet.

LP
--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her. --Sir Francis Bacon
Have a sourcerous day! www.sourcemage.org