sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] [hackers] svn Gwydion does not build

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: ron <macroron AT gmail.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] [hackers] svn Gwydion does not build
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 21:03:13 -0500

Kevin Monceaux,

Thank you,

-
Ron

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 8:45 PM, Kevin Monceaux <Kevin AT rawfeddogs.net> wrote:
Ron,

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, ron wrote:

> thank you

You're welcome.

> can you tell me how to translate this (Latin?) into usa english:

Sure, roughly translated:

> Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.

If you can read this, you're overeducated.

> Longum iter est per praecepta, breve et efficax per exempla!!!

The journey is long through advice, but efficient through examples.

The saw the first quote on a t-shirt many years ago.  The second I found
in one of the Debian manuals.  My Latin skills aren't quite ready to
translate either of the above without help.  I'm still on simple sentences
like:

Nauta portam agricolae videt.

The sailor sees the farmer's gate.

Kevin