sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] X frozen.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Javier Vasquez" <jevv.cr AT gmail.com>
  • To: "SM, Discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] X frozen.
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 20:59:53 -0600

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Jaka Kranjc <smgl AT lynxlynx.info> wrote:

> On Wednesday 19 of November 2008 15:09:41 Javier Vasquez wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just casted xorg-server and friends, but X always gets frozen (no
> > mouse, no keyboard response) with the error:
> >
> > (II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI capable
> > (EE) AIGLX: error: dlopen of /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so failed
> > (/usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
> > file or directory)
> > (EE) GLX: could not load software renderer
> > (II) GLX: no usable GL providers found for screen 0
> >
> > I have both xorg.conf modules commented out, the glx and the dri one.
> ruskie says: update mesalib to the one from test (fixed this morning); cast
> -r
> select whatever and pick swrast... or get something usable for dri... you
> can't comment out glx/dri they get auto loaded... thanks to the brilliance
> of
> X devs.
>
> LP

That fixed the EE error, although I found out X was not frozen, I got
without mouse neither keyboard. The reason is that I needed:

Section "ServerFlags"
Option "AllowEmptyInput" "off"
EndSection

For some reason although I don't have such flag set at all, if not
present it's supposed "on", thus Xorg by default disables the keyboard
and mouse. After adding the flag unset ("off"), I got keyboard and
mouse back.... I've read there are patches to revert this behavior,
however just adding the flag by default to xorg.conf sounds OK as
well. Notice I didn't use the optional HAL, since I'm trying not to
use it as much as possible, and that might be implied with the need
for the flag as well....

Thanks,

--
Javier