sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Problem with cpio spell.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Javier Vasquez" <jevv.cr AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT sourcemage.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Problem with cpio spell.
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 15:07:53 -0600

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 9:02 AM, Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT sourcemage.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 08:38:29 -0600
> "Javier Vasquez" <jevv.cr AT gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Well, I tried, and it didn't work, actually I tried the latest stable
>> cvs version, and it didn't work either. But now that I think of it,
>> the problem was not about not finding libraries, or something like
>> that, it was that several functions were having multiple
>> definitions...
>
> oh, prolly you need to recast gcc after that as well

Yeap, that fixed the issue, although it's a pain fix, my machine is a
p3 celeron @ 797.339 MHz with 32KB of cache, and 1594.67 bogomips, and
512MB of ram main memory, so compiling gcc/g++ took ~24 hours, and
glibc + dependencies took ~ 12 hours as well...

Now since both glibc and gcc/g++ were re-compiled, I'm doing sorcery
-r which takes ~48 hours, and that just because I haven't installed
applications yet (this is a recently installed box, for which I don't
have applications yet)...

Javier