sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] stable-rc 0.27 is now cut and ready

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] stable-rc 0.27 is now cut and ready
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 18:47:19 +0100

On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 09:10:54AM -0600, George Sherwood wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 15:41:34 +0100
> Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz> wrote:
>

> > > I would recommend reverting gmime back to 2.2.22. I don't think any
> > > programs have been updated to use version 2.4.0 and we have a few
> > > broken spells from this.
> >
> > Imho, gmime 2.4.0 is a part of GNOME 2.24. I was not able to find out
> > some official list of GNOME 2.24 packages.
> > We have GNOME 2.24 in stable-rc.
> >
> > # gaze versions libgnome
> > Grimoire Section Spell Grimoire Version Installed Version
> > -------- ------- ----- ---------------- -----------------
> > test gnome2-libs libgnome 2.24.1 2.24.1
> > stable gnome2-libs libgnome 2.22.0 -
> > stable-rc gnome2-libs libgnome 2.24.1 -
> >

> > BTW, according to http://www.gnome.org/~davyd/footware.shtml we have
> > only GNOME 2.10. ;-(
> >

> It seems that balsa, tracker, tomboy and mail-notification depend on
> gmime in gnome. I know that tracker, beagle, and pan are all broke
> with the gmime 2.4.x series. They work with 2.2 as far as I know.
> Guess it depends if we want to have it to have it or want to have
> something that works. Tomboy is also broke for me, but I am unsure if
> due to gmime.

I'm downgrading stable-rc gmime to 2.2.22 for now.
The two versions can actually be installed almost in parallel. Only the
two binaries uudecode and uuencode conflict, but we could just remove
those from the gmime-2.2 spell install. Too late for stable-rc, but I
think that's the best solution for test grimoire.

http://www.sourcemage.org