sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] stable-rc 0.27 is now cut and ready

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: George Sherwood <pilot AT beernabeer.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] stable-rc 0.27 is now cut and ready
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 09:10:54 -0600

On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 15:41:34 +0100
Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz> wrote:

> > I would recommend reverting gmime back to 2.2.22. I don't think any
> > programs have been updated to use version 2.4.0 and we have a few
> > broken spells from this.
>
> Imho, gmime 2.4.0 is a part of GNOME 2.24. I was not able to find out
> some official list of GNOME 2.24 packages.
> We have GNOME 2.24 in stable-rc.
>
> # gaze versions libgnome
> Grimoire Section Spell Grimoire Version Installed Version
> -------- ------- ----- ---------------- -----------------
> test gnome2-libs libgnome 2.24.1 2.24.1
> stable gnome2-libs libgnome 2.22.0 -
> stable-rc gnome2-libs libgnome 2.24.1 -
>

> BTW, according to http://www.gnome.org/~davyd/footware.shtml we have
> only GNOME 2.10. ;-(

It seems that balsa, tracker, tomboy and mail-notification depend on
gmime in gnome. I know that tracker, beagle, and pan are all broke
with the gmime 2.4.x series. They work with 2.2 as far as I know.
Guess it depends if we want to have it to have it or want to have
something that works. Tomboy is also broke for me, but I am unsure if
due to gmime.

George