sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Subtle header file problem on boxes installed from 0.10.0-test4?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Kevin Monceaux <Kevin AT RawFedDogs.net>
  • To: Source Mage Discuss Mailing List <SM-Discuss AT Lists.IBiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Subtle header file problem on boxes installed from 0.10.0-test4?
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 09:52:53 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008, George Sherwood wrote:

TileHeight is declared in shear.c, so I am not sure what is going on.

After a lot of trial and error I think I've made a bit of progress. I discovered with with the exact same configure options I could build imagemagick successfully "by hand" but casting it failed. The only difference I could think of between the two was that I had ccache enabled in sorcery. I disabled ccache and was able to cast imagemagick successfully. I enabled/disabled it a couple of more times and each time the cast fails with ccache enabled, and succeeds with ccache disabled. Are there any ccache gurus around that know why ccache might cause such a compile failure?

I've also been seeing similar cast failures with lvm. Unfortunately disabling ccache doesn't seem to help that problem.

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org
Bruceville, TX