sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Subtle header file problem on boxes installed from 0.10.0-test4?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Kevin Monceaux <Kevin AT RawFedDogs.net>
  • To: Source Mage Discuss Mailing List <SM-Discuss AT Lists.IBiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Subtle header file problem on boxes installed from 0.10.0-test4?
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 12:11:43 -0600 (CST)

Justin,

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008, flux wrote:

If the problem is caused by missing definitions in the header file, then that has nothing to do with the ISO, but with lvm/device-mapper itself. It sounds like perhaps there was an API change and something is broken there.

I know, I'm grasping at straws and am probably seeing similarities between the symptoms that don't really exist.

It's report.c that's complaining about DM_REPORT_OUTPUT_FIELD_NAME_PREFIX, DM_REPORT_OUTPUT_FIELD_UNQUOTED, and DM_REPORT_OUTPUT_COLUMNS_AS_ROWS being undefined. report.c has:

#include "lib.h"

And, lib.h has:

#include <libdevmapper.h>

And, the libdevmapper.h on my box has #defines for the above.

Also, as I understand it from the comments against the bug, this
problem seems to only exist in the latest stable-rc, and the known
working versions are being reported for older versions from test
(test-0.25)? Maybe it's a version mismatch between the versions of lvm
and device-mapper?

I had the same failure with the version of lvm that's in the current stable, 0.26-1. I installed from 0.10.0-test4 and lvm failed on the initial sorcery rebuild.

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org
Bruceville, TX