sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Binary Grimoire

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Vasil Yonkov <bustervill AT yahoo.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Binary Grimoire
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 13:54:54 -0700 (PDT)

"... we now have a binary grimoire ..."

Very nice, very nice, but I couldn't find any info about it. Is it discussed somewhere else?
I'd like to know what is the purpose of such a grimoire. Would it be like Debian's / Fedora's repositories, full with software (every spell added), or it will serve some specific purpose?
Under what rules will be compiled the spells (architecture, flags...)? Which dependencies will be enabled - only the default ones or what?
In brief - what are the intentions for the binary grimoire and how will this whole thing be managed?