sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Tome nominations

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Tome nominations
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 20:46:23 -0500

Jeremy Blosser wrote:
On Aug 28, seth AT swoolley.homeip.net [seth AT swoolley.homeip.net] wrote:
I think the first role of any tome lead is to ensure our own developers can work their way around the system.

I'm not trying to sound overly concerned about the way documentation is
produced. The bottom line to me is that we need doc maintenance and
whoever finally starts producing them should do what works for them. I
think the first (and really only) role of the tome lead is to make sure we
have adequate documentation. While we don't chase after users that need
their hands held, that mostly speaks to the type of documentation needed,
not the method by which it's be produced.

I was primarily saying I'm interested in hearing if the nominee(s) have
concrete ideas on how they intend to make sure something actually starts
happening, instead of more sound and fury signifying nothing.

Agreed, the tome position has been plagued by this. I think I may even be guilty of such things once upon a time. Maybe. I don't remember anymore.

I would like to have some kind of a plan from the nominee(s).

--
David Kowis

www.ronpaul2008.com - Ron Paul for President!
www.sourcemage.org - SourceMage GNU/Linux