sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Can't see my own messages. How about you?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Ivan Lezhnjov Jr." <ivan.lezhnjov.jr AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Can't see my own messages. How about you?
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 20:18:16 +0300
Friday 04 July 2008, Elisamuel Resto wrote:
> Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik wrote:
> > On 10:37:05 2008-07-04 "Ethan Grammatikidis" <eekee57 AT fastmail.fm> wrote:

> >> You could always use a different mail service. I use fastmail.fm. It's
> >> free, quite quick, and has decent filtering. OTOH it doesn't filter spam
> >> unless you pay, and the web interface doesn't do threaded view iirc.
> >>
> >> Aaand a further caveat is that it doesn't send to the list unless you
> >> click Reply To All. I've been spoiled by Sylpheed. Sorry for the
> >> duplicate, Ivan.
> >
> > *shameless plug*
> > I also provide a mail service for mages and friends(codemages.net - mages
> > for short). So if you want I can also set you up there ;)
> > */shameless plug*
> > On a side note.. have you checked the spam folders or whatever in case
> > the messages are going there of course it could always be gmail trying to
> > be overly smart...?

> Login there (or put your email and then get your password mailed to you)
> and check that the (receive own messages) is checked.

Anyway, I just checked the settings for my account and this option was
already
set to 'Yes'. I tell you I have this problem with almost any mailing list
(most of which are MailMan anyway) and it's not about the mailing list
software; it's solely about GMail system.

--

Ivan Lezhnjov Jr.

Europe, Ukraine, Simferopol

Running
Source Mage GNU/Linux, kernel version 2.6.24 build #5

Key ID 0x5811D90C
Key Fingerprint 2A52 5C8C 38BE C04F D8DE A169 19E2 E49A 5811 D90C
Use GPG Exercise Your Right To Privacy