sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] european meeting in bonn

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <smgl AT lynxlynx.info>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] european meeting in bonn
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 20:11:44 +0200

On Tuesday 06 of May 2008 18:30:50 Robert Figura wrote:
> Do we need an additional location for more jovial workshops or serious
> work? Of course we'll need internet...
Like we discussed, a longer duration would be more suitable due to all the
travel expenses (both money- and timewise).
Froscon requires we submit all the talks beforehand and even then they may
not
be accepted (sounds like a lot of work and formality). So to me a
subconference or a detached event with a group visit to froscon with maybe a
booth (we'd need some merchandise and good isos winkwink@cauldron; there's
only so much people you can put in a booth, what would the rest do?).
We definitely need a room with enough space and electricity. Internet
connectivity would ease things a lot, but I think with some effort we could
also manage without it. After all, git is decentralised. ;)

Bonn sounds good to me and thank you for volunteering.

LP
--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her. --Sir Francis Bacon
Have a sourcerous day! www.sourcemage.org