sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] European meeting this summer?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] European meeting this summer?
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:49:00 -0500

Thomas Orgis wrote:
Am Wed, 26 Mar 2008 09:15:30 -0700
schrieb Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>:
Bugfix marathon! :)

Yes! Dedicating a few days especially for SMGL should really be more
productive
than sitting at home, stumbling over a bug while doing something other than
random hacking... contemplating if one really wants to spend the time on the
hunt now or better close eyes and get work done...

We tried this up in dallas once. Make sure your infrastructure is in place before you start. Have bugs pre-divvied up. Or at least have groups of bugs. The prep work will make or break this. Doing no prep work kinda breaks it. Just my experience.

Only issue may be to organize human time with limited number of CPUs that are
busy compiling spell after spell, testing that one-line fix in some
CONFIGURE;-)
Hm, I guess we can easily spend that time with hot debates on SMGL
design/implementation issues.

As long as you guys just come up with a solution to put forward to the mailing list. I don't want a closed group of people (I know it's not really closed, but the rest of us not on that side of the droplet won't be privy to the conversations) deciding the direction of this project.

Again, just my take on things.

--
David Kowis
| www.ronpaul2008.com | www.sourcemage.org |

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,
illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous
mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."