sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] linux freezes

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] linux freezes
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 19:00:01 +0100

I am using devel sorcery, with no problems for along time. However,
since upgrading linux to 2.6.24.x, I frequently get system freezes
during a big cast. For instance, gtk+2 was in the install phase for
several minutes, using 100% of a fast dual-core machine. In most
cases the mouse still reacts, but the keyboard is dead.

If I boot into linux-2.6.23.9 I never have a problem.

I noticed that at least one of the linux config options had been
disabled, and some new ones enabled.

Has anyone else had similar problems, or any suggestions as how to
best proceed with rebuilding a new kernel?

--
Regards, Treeve