sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Leaving for Good.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arjan Bouter <abouter AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Leaving for Good.
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 22:58:43 +0100

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 17:36:28 -0800
"David Brown" <dmlb2000 AT gmail.com> wrote:

> Over the past couple of years I've realized that my priorities have
> changed. I've not had enough time to put into Source Mage that its
> demanded and I just don't have the energy to continue being in my
> current position in Source Mage. I've been one of the people
> responsible for having a short quorum on the last election and I'm
> guilty of missing several elections before that. I've gotten to the
> point where I understand a lot about other distributions and how
> they've solved various problems and reinventing the wheel in Source
> Mage is getting tired.
>
> Say what you want about how legitimate my excuses are, its very plain
> and simple, If you have the passion for doing something you'll
> continue to make time to do it. I've lost the passion somewhere and
> I'd rather not continue to pretend like I still have it.
>
> Thanks for teaching me about Linux.
>
> - David Brown

Hi David,

I guess we're all sorry to see you go.
Thanks a lot for your work, and don't be a stranger :)
Visit us from time to time in #sourcemage

Arjan

+=======
Source Mage GNU/Linux developer,
http://www.sourcemage.org
Registered as user #310617 with the Linux Counter,
http://counter.li.org.
GnuPG Key 79D4B14E = 94AD 3FD1 E259 67ED 632E 2B06 CFBE 1154 79D4 B14E
+===