sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] updated raven in logo

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ethan Grammatikidis <eekee57 AT fastmail.fm>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] updated raven in logo
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 15:05:22 +0000

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 07:27:22 -0700
Paul Beel <pbeel AT magepower.org> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> After some of the comments that were received my designer reworked the
> raven last night. His head has been raised and a branch for his feet has
> been added. She mentioned she made the branch red to bring out the
> GNU/Linux text more.
>
> http://mama.indstate.edu/users/nova/sourcemage_logoversion2.pdf
>
> Let me know if you like it any better.

The claws should wrap around the branch rather than sit atop it; they look
very strange as-is, but simply cutting parts of the claws as if they were
hooked under the red woud suffice. The red of the branch is a good choice to
bring out the text, though.

The raven is shaded so heavily it doesn't fit with the text to my eyes, or
the non-shaded branch. Perhaps a drop shadow to the SOURCE M GE letters, and
a little shading on the branch? We do need a simpler, less shaded or unshaded
logo too, if only for smaller sizes.