sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] new logo comments

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juan Carlos Torres <carlosdgtorres AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] new logo comments
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 21:12:19 +0800

On Tuesday 11 December 2007 1:38:02 am Paul Beel wrote:
> So, let me know your thoughts on the Raven in the logo I sent out.
> Ruskie mentioned he thought the raven should stand more proud instead of
> looking down. Also it probably needs a branch added.

The raven is almost too realistic/detailed for a logo. It's beautiful for
large artworks/banners, but if scaled to a smaller size, the details tend to
get lost or unidentifiable. We could probably have 2 Quoth's: a more detailed
one for larger artwork, and a simpler, less detailed one for smaller artwork
(like banners, buttons, etc.) The raven on Mage Power is good.

Oh, and completely agree with Ruskie about Quoth standing proud. (Right now
he
looks more sinister/menacing).

Just a humble opinion from a newcomer... :)