sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Drupal -> wiki migration

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Elisamuel Resto <samuel AT dragonboricua.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Drupal -> wiki migration
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 12:43:30 -0400

On 2007-11-04 13:37:52, "Andra?? 'ruskie' Levstik" wrote:
> On 13:33:17 2007-11-04 Alexander Tsamutali <astsmtl AT gmail.com> wrote:
> > В Sun, 04 Nov 2007 11:22:51 +0100
> > "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx> пишет:
> >
> > > The theme is by eekee, and yeah we are dropping drupal as soon as the
> > > content is migrated to the wiki... Help out so we can get it faster.
> >
> > Thanks eekee, hope you fix those glitches! ;-)
> >
> > Can someone explain in more detail:
> >
> > Why we are dropping Drupal?
> >

> Because nobody bothers to maintain it and nobody cares about it...

I offered a few times when Eric was still lead, nobody said anything.

On 2007-11-04 Alexander Tsamutali wrote:
> I like the decision to drop Drupal and move to Moin Moin mainly because
> i like Python and dislike PHP. :-) But Drupal solved the main problem of
> our previous site, which was just a set of different web
> applications. Do we really need another migration?

I support the dismissal of Drupal since its overkill for what it's
currently being used as, a news engine. On the note about PHP/Python,
Python is more difficult from my angle, back when I started laguages to
pick, Python went so uphill I just entertained myself with PHP. Python is
still quite powerful, but equally uphill. Matter of preference though.

--
Elisamuel Resto <samuel AT dragonboricua.net>
Source Mage GNU/Linux / http://www.sourcemage.org