sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] KDE4 status

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <lynx AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] KDE4 status
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 20:11:01 +0200

On Saturday 20 of October 2007 09:31:18 Treeve Jelbert wrote:
> I currently have a problem with the kdm4 start script, as it
> runs /opt/bin/startkde which looks for qdbus, so the PATH, must include
> this.
/opt/bin/startkde is a shell script, so this is easy to fix. Just change the
qdbus calls to /some/where/qdbus .

> /opt/bin/startkde uses xmessage, which won't build on my system because it
> does not find the correct version of libxaw. It also seems confused about
> ~/.kde (should this be ~/.kde4 ?)
> The net result is that kde4 hangs at startup. I can only kill X
> (ctl-alt-backspace), but then the keybord does not work any more!
The first issue is minor, xmessage is only used for a few errors. But do
report these bugs to the kde people, so the rcs will perhaps have it fixed
already.

I'll try to build some of the beta in the next few days.

--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her. --Sir Francis Bacon
Have a sourcerous day! www.sourcemage.org