sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] get_kernel_version don't return current running kernel version

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "David Brown" <dmlb2000 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Philippe caseiro" <caseiro.philippe AT free.fr>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] get_kernel_version don't return current running kernel version
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 14:52:01 -0700

Is that the current version of the linux spell 2.6.23? If so this is
intended functionality and is used for upgrades of kernels so there
isn't the double cycle of build reboot and build more when updating
your kernel. You should either do one of two things, build the linux
spell using expert and put the correct kernel version in the text
field it gives you for 2.6.19 or dispel linux and make sure you are
running the kernel you want to build against.

- David Brown