sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Bid on a dot-matrix printer, donate to SMGL

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Matthew Clark <matthewclark AT inlesserterms.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Bid on a dot-matrix printer, donate to SMGL
  • Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 13:56:40 -0500

All:

I have several (close to ten, I think) Okidata Microline320 printers, and as far as I know, they all work, including a used ribbon. They use standard 8.5" x 11" continuous feed paper. As far as I know, they all work and the only problems that would be present would be the yellowing of the plastic (i.e. no broken parts or missing pieces). The only real use for them that I could think of would be for printing off man pages and scripts and junk.

What I would like to do first is auction them off to the highest bidders. The proceeds will then be donated to SMGL. I'm a broke college student, which means I don't have any money, so I'd also ask buyers to pay for the shipping in addition to whatever they're donating to SMGL. About the only expense I have to spare on this would be some weekend time and some gas to drive to The UPS Store (or wherever I need to go to ship a printer to a buyer).

Perhaps these printers aren't really worth anything and I'll end up giving them away for free. But here's a great opportunity to donate to a worthy project, get a decent documentation printer in return, and prevent perfectly good tools from being thrown away.

- Matthew Clark (MaffooClock)

  • [SM-Discuss] Bid on a dot-matrix printer, donate to SMGL, Matthew Clark, 10/01/2007